Classroom Expectations Book
- Read aloud a first day of school book.
- Brainstorm rules for the classroom. No more than five and guide them towards your expectations.
- Write them neatly on chart paper.
- Give each student a class expectation book cover to color.
- Then each day of the week give them one page of top 1/2 open and bottom 1/2 lined paper. They will neatly copy the rule(one rule per page) and illustrate on the top.
- At the end of the week take a grade on the book. Use a rubric (copied correctly, neat, illustrated, and colored.)
- Send it home for the parents to review.